THE PARTNERSHIP VISION
“Together we are partners in the Gospel and signs of God’s reconciling love, building mutual understanding and awareness, and advocating justice and peace for all in the Holy Land.”
In 2009 the leaders of all the Churches in Israel/Palestine issued a call for support known as the Kairos Document, “A word of faith, hope and love from the heart of Palestinian suffering”. The UK response, Kairos Britain sets out the four ways Churches can respond:
- Visiting Palestine
- Raising public awareness and lobbying those in authority
- Addressing the Biblical grounds for hope
We took these principles as our starting point for our Partnership vision, choosing to give priority to creating personal friendships and raising our concerns both locally and nationally.
OUR AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
- To befriend, support and learn more about our Christian faith from a community of Christians who live in a culture and context very different from our own.
- To see our faith not only as a private matter, but as our response to Jesus’s command to pray for the coming of his Kingdom of justice, reconciliation and peace.
- To support those Christians who are the ‘living stones’ in the land where Jesus lived, and have inherited the faith directly from the first Christians.
- To show that Christian faith recognizes no human boundaries, and see Christ in the weak and the poor and those who live under oppression.